Monday, January 4, 2010

Story Spinners: 1




As the old man approached my friends and me, I began to see the outline of a peanut butter sandwich in his left hand. Guessing that he was just a strange hobo, I threw my money at him and yelled at my friends to start running. As we ran away, I looked over my shoulder to see the barefoot man chasing us. We sped up and turned a corner hoping to get out of the sights of the hobo. When we heard him stop running and yell at himself in gibberish we knew we had evaded his grasp.
We began walking home, hoping not to cross another hobo, when we stumbled upon a flashlight. I picked it up from off the road, and turned it on. A bright beam of light streamed into the sky, looking as though it was a call out for Batman. I quickly turned the light off and placed it back on the road, thinking that the person who might have lost it surely saw the light and was coming back to beat the person who touched their flashlight. My friends and I took off running towards my house just to be certain nobody was coming after us. As we ran, a pack of dogs chased us. I figured that the light signal we sent was not that of Batman but that of a dog mafia. We ran away as hard as we could to escape the wrath of the killer dogs.
When we arrived at my house I tripped over my bicycle that was laying right in front of the door. Mom always told me never to leave it there, but I never cared until now when my knee was hurting from falling on it. I picked my bike up and threw it out into the street, so that my friends and I could get inside the house. We walked in and Mom was standing at the door with a plate covered in cookies. She'll never know that we had just been chased by a hobo and a mob of killer dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment